Monday, July 6, 2009

I got the baby boy blues!




Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

Another week and I am grateful that last week is over!

I did not have a harrowing week last week that caused me to cry on several occasions questioning my sanity. Why you ask? Well, let's get a run down...

First, I did not have to take all 3 kids to a hearing appointment for my new baby to check his ears out and make sure he can hear us right, which I knew he could. And I did not have to try to keep 2 kids in order while breastfeeding the baby just so he wouldn't cry with the ear plugs in his ears! Not Me!

Second, I did not attempt to have a normal day and do what I would if I didn't have 3 kids by going to Walmart after the hearing appt. and having the kiddos pick out toys with their grandma money. And while there I did not have to stop and breastfeed in public, I did not stop to change a baby diaper, and the trip certainly did not take 2hours!!! That isn't quite what I would consider normal and so we head home - another 35 minute drive. Not Me!

Third, my poor baby boy did not have to get circumcized the very next day and we certainly did not have to corral the other 2 kids because who brings other kids to a circumcision appointment????? Not Me!

Fourth, I did not blow off a home nutrition nurse appointment for my little girl who has a feeding tube because I had to rush my new baby back to the clinic as things weren't going well after the circumcision and I totally spaced that she was coming in the first place. And my poor unsuspecting father-in-law did not have to be there for it when she showed up on the doorstep. Not Me!

Fifth, I did not tell a sweet lady from church on Friday that things could be better and that I felt like crying a lot as my week was tough that she took pity on me and surprised me on Sunday with a sign up list for meals to be brought in to us all week! Not to mention the babysitting arranged for my older 2 so I could get a couple hours of rest during the week. I must have seemed desperate! Not Me!

And lastly, I certainly did not sit around all week thinking of all the ways I could get my body back while breastfeeding and taking in enough calories so I can feel beautiful and sexy and not like a mother of 3 who just turned 31! Not Me!

If 6 reasons aren't enough to convince you of my title - well I can always add more!!!!

3 comments:

Laura said...

All those things sound like things that I have done! I've actually sat in a dressing room to nurse, just to get a little privacy!!Good luck this week and take advantage of the babysitting and not having to cook dinner, that sounds nice!!!

Sant Family said...

I am so glad that someone is bringing you dinner.

You poor thing, you are trying to do too much, too soon!

Walmart? Already? Not if you are off the bottle, if you know what I mean ....

Mom x 3 said...

As a mom of three, I have done all those things, too!! I'm glad your church has organized meals and babysitting--that's a huge blessing!! I hope your week goes well! :)