Thursday, July 2, 2009

What's with today, today?

If you have seen Empire Records then you know the quote in my title. I saw it when I was like 18 - so last year!. (I don't want to admit how long ago that actually was.)

Today Asher was circumcized and we can all safely say that mommy and son alike are traumatized. I have a raging headache and can not STAND to see my baby crying like that. Not to mention that I am engorged and my shoulders are on fire. A little too much stress today you say? Hmmm, I suppose so.

Bought the kiddos McDonalds, held it together long enough to settle everyone and begin pumping. And then I melt down. Yes, I'm crying like an exhausted mommy of 3 does when she hasn't had any help and the house is a mess with no clean clothes for me. Yet everyone else has clean clothes....what is up with that??? So, I threw in a load for myself and am now getting ready to make sure my younger ones are occupied and safe before lying down in my bed praying to the heavens that my precious infant stays sleeping so that I don't have to bother the tiny Asher if you know what I mean.

Stay tuned for an interesting post that I would like all of your opinions on! It has to do with ...well, ME!

7 comments:

THE JACKSONS said...

Aaaaahhhh Chloe, I wish I could be there to do some laundry for you, play with my niece and nephews. You sound like you could really use a break! Being a mommy can definately be hard work. Sometimes a good cry is all we need to be able to get back on track! I hope you are better. I'm thinking of you! Remember, Asher may be unhappy right now, and yet I promise you that he won't remember any of this in a couple of weeks. Just give him plenty of loving and mommy milk. That always made my boys feel better!!! LOL! Love you sis!

Mom x 3 said...

Oh, blessings on you, sweet blog-land friend! :) I have been where you are, and it's not fun or easy, but it does get better!! (When I ran out of clean clothes, I just went to my husband's side of the closet and borrowed his shirts!! They fit better anyway while I was nursing!!) Hang in there!! :)

Laura said...

I learned when I had Jonah not to go with them when they circumcise your baby, I was lucky with Ryker, they did it in the hospital. I know how you feel, but sometimes when you can't do anything else, crying can at least make you feel a little better! I hope you're feeling better tomorrow!

Unknown said...

I had a really hard time with David's circ, but everything went well. It feels like it lasts forever. Poor little boys. And the three kids thing I know is hard. I"m so sorry!

George said...

Neonatal circumcision is medically unnecessary, non-therapeutic, injurious, painful and traumatic.

You clearly do not like the results. So why did you have him circumcised?

chloe's clan said...

I'd like to answer George but I don't know if they will see it or not.

Why did my baby get circumcised? One word....hubby.

chloe's clan said...

After looking at my comment to George I wanted to add that I never said I didn't like the results. I personally think a penis that isn't circumcised looks ugly but that's just me. What I don't like is what my baby has to go through for the 1st 2 days. That's not pretty. It heals pretty fast overall. And if I had absolute power in the land of decision making I probably would choose not to circumcise despite that unsightly appearance of said penis. :)