Friday, July 17, 2009

New News!

Here is what's going on with us:

The Good News

I am feeling a lot better. I would say I am up to 90% now and feel great most of the time. I really needed last week when the ladies from church took my kids Tues, Wed, Thurs., and Mon. Now I can get things done while managing the kids and I can't wait to get on a better schedule to fit in art time and outside time. It will be awesome.

The Bad news

My children are quite different than other kids. Their eating habits leave much to be desired. First off Maizer is little and he is only speaking half real talk and half baby talk. To people he doesn't know it isn't much at all. I have trouble getting him to eat all he should at home and he never asks for things he needs. I just make sure he gets them. So, when he was at these homes 4 to 5 hours a day he wasn't fed well and when I called to check on one house I found that he wasn't given a snack because he hadn't said he was hungry. I told her then that he would never tell her what he needs because I always just meet his needs and he is a laid back soul who is shy around others. So, please make sure to feed him and change him. Well, he wasn't changed either. But this was just one house and the other's seemed pretty good as I updated very well before the kids left.

Now Hannah...Hannah eats food pretty good these days compared to how she was doing. Still not as much as other kids and we don't have her outside for more than 2 to 3 hours at the most. Hannah played so hard while at the other houses with the kids outside running around and such that she easily spent more calories than she took in. She lost an entire pound these last two weeks after finally getting back to the weight she was at when we stopped using her G Tube. This is a terrible setback as now we may have to start her on it again. She weighes 27lbs 13oz. This is what she weighed last year in July. She fell below the 3rd percentile for weight again and this is dangerous territory. And to top it off she started not feeling well yesterday. I hate to have to put her back on tube feedings so please pray that she can bounce back quickly now that she won't be going to any other homes to play.

P.S. What concerns the nurse as well is that Hannah's appetite did not increase with increase in activity. She should match her activity level and she didn't. We obviously can't shelter her from play just to plump her up. Sigh.

2 comments:

Mom x 3 said...

We'll certainly be praying for you and your kids!! I always get stressed out when my kids don't eat well, but I always assume they're getting what they need. Sounds like there's more that you are dealing with, I'm so sorry!

.·:*¨¨*:·.Hep*Hep*Hooray said...

We will also be praying for you. Keep hanging in there! I read your older post about Hannah and I was so sad reading it. My daughter had a similar problem at birth but we finally got her eating so by the time she was a year old she was finally not in the 0%. It is so scary, and I wish you everything for her!!