Friday, June 5, 2009

Cancer - An ugly word

I have wanted to put this on my blog today as my sister reminded me that today is her little boy's 1 year anniversary from having a cancerous brain tumor removed. What a shock it was to hear such news. I remember very well the helplessness I felt. Living far away didn't help either and I had wanted so badly to be of comfort and help to my sister. I only post this as more of a journal entry than a poem plug. I really am not the poet. I did write this 1 year ago for my little nephew Ian.

And please, stop by my sister's blog. She posted something very beautiful in remembrance of the past year. She needs love and support too. Comment if you like, she will appreciate it.

- By the way, Ian is in remission and doing well. He does have some lingering side effects from the chemo like hearing loss (he wears hearing aids) but over all he is absolutely great!



I always knew I loved you,
my sweet, sweet nephew.

I just didn't realize,
the joy and life in your eyes,

would touch my soul and heart,
and every other part,

in ways that warmed me,
making me want to be,

your favorite Aunt Chloe.


I always knew I loved you,
my sweet, sweet nephew.

I want to hold you and protect,
your precious world so you'll forget,

all that frightens you now.
And with this poem I vow,

to show the love I have inside,
grows everyday for you, it is tried

and true, it will abide.


I always knew I loved you,
my sweet, sweet nephew.

My sister is the lucky one,
to have you, Ian, for her son.

No comments: