Monday, June 29, 2009

Complete Denial



Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.


I haven't done one of these in a couple of weeks. I'm sure there is a ton of crazy things I don't want to admit to but as I just had a baby - remembering them is a whole other matter. :)

I did not have another woman's little boy climb into the back of my car and unbuckle my 2 year old as my pelvis hurt too bad to do it myself even though the boy was like 9 years old! Not Me!

I did not allow my new baby to roll out of his bouncy seat because he wasn't buckled in. Not Me! That would make me a terrible mother! I definately would not admit that my newborn is now initiated into our family by that mishap as my other two suffered an equal fate. Hannah did not fall off our bed and Maizer did not fall off the couch when they were babies. I am not that scatter brained as to allow all my children to fall at some point in their infancy. Not Me!!!!

I did not have a mental meltdown the night my mother-in-law flew in to see us because my husband had forgotten to clean the bathroom, so I ran around like a crazy lady trying to clean it in as little time as possible while my sweet babe cried for my loving attention. Not Me!!!

And I certainly do not stay in my pajamas all day and take visitors and nurse visits with hair unkempt and house looking like a tornado came through because the only time I find to clean is after everyone goes to sleep the night before. Not Me! I am more together than that because I am super mom who is always freshly groomed complete with make-up and earings, with perfectly behaved children, and a gorgeous, emaculate house.

Excuse me while I go live in my obvious denial ..... :)

3 comments:

{Kimber} said...

great not me's!!
I too can NOT relate to the clean bathroom when the MIL is coming!!
the rest of my house can be in shambles but the bathroom HAS to be clean??!

Mom x 3 said...

Loved your NMM post! I think every new mom can relate to running around frantic cleaning up before MIL visits---even though she just had a baby and people should be doing that stuff for her! I can totally NOT relate to that!! :)

Kelli said...

Well, at least you're only in denial about things that apparently happen to all moms... or at least, they did to me. Keyton rolled off the couch and I didn't get dressed or showered for people to come over for QUITE some time. No worries.