Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day




What didn't my husband do on Father's Day? My lack of sleep caught up with me with a vengence. I only stayed awake to feed a baby, eat, go potty, and occassionally change a baby diaper. Josh changed the baby and rocked him, did laundry, took care of the kids, made meals, cleaned the house, playroom, and much more that I didn't see. I was secluded in my bedroom where he ordered me to stay. What a sweetheart. He held me when I cried yesterday and gave me hugs when I came out to the kitchen. I can't tell you how much I love my husband and what a good father he is.

My own father was a great dad in my eyes for the time I spent with him which was birth till 8 years old. My parents divorced which ended that relationship. I remember playing with him, building snowmen, him playing the guitar and singing songs to us (he's a fantastic musician), telling us the BEST bedtime stories!!! These are the good memories, but unfortunately it takes a lot more to be a father and there were plenty of not so good memories. And for my sisters and I we grew up without a dad.

I look at my children and their father together and I am peace with my choice in companion as I couldn't have chosen a better man, husband, lover, friend and father. He truly is wonderful in providing for us and making us laugh and helping me to grow as a woman, as a person, as a mother, and a wife. I can only hope that I do as much for him as he does for all of us!

I love you babe! I love you for giving my children what I never had, I love you for giving me what my parents never had, I love you for helping me to be who I am today, and I love you for who you are today! Happy Father's Day!

No comments: